Hmmmm.... If you're here, I'm guessing you want to know more about me. I find this part awkward for some reason, so I'm going to give it to you in list form:
- I'm married. I met my husband in 2001, when we were both students in law school. People often joke that our fights must be intense (two lawyers in an argument), but we actually get along great... most of the time (haha). I wouldn't want to do life with anyone else.
- I'm a mom. I have three young daughters who have taught me more about God and His love than anyone or anything. One thing they've taught me is no two people are alike. These girls are so different; it's surprising they have the same parents. This has helped me to appreciate and love others who differ from me.
- I didn't go to seminary. After becoming a mom in 2008, I "retired" from the practice of law and started studying God's word daily. For all I've learned, I thank God for teachers like Beth Moore, Timothy Keller, Priscilla Shirer, Francis Chan, R.C. Sproul, Kelly Minter and my local pastors and women's leaders.
- I really like New Jersey. Okay, I'll admit it. I love New Jersey. My family moved from Philadelphia to South Jersey when I was 7 years old, and I've lived here ever since. I didn't even leave South Jersey for school. I have a BA in Philosophy from Rutgers University in Camden (2001), and a JD from Rutgers School of Law in Camden (2004).
- I love Camden. Camden is a troubled city in South Jersey where God always seems to draw my heart. If you're interested in ministering to the beautiful people of Camden, please join me in volunteering with Seeds of Hope Ministries. You can get more information at SeedsofHopeMinistries.org.
- I'm thankful for you and I'd love to hear from you. That may seem weird (especially if we've never met), but I really am thankful you're here. Blogging and podcasting is peculiar because you don't know who is reading or listening unless someone actually makes a point to reach out. I count it as a direct blessing from God every time I hear from someone like you. So please don't hesitate to write, even if it is just to say, "hi."
The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26, ESV
All content is used with permission or is copyright by Amy Hill.